Sunday, May 20, 2012

Living a Taylored Life

Pretty clever, am I right? For those that know me well, trying painstakingly hard to come up with witty quips is nothing new. This is no exception; it took me a good day of brainstorming to come up with that name. But I like it and I think it fits my persona pretty well and what I want to talk about, so you are stuck with it! :)

So, you may be wondering why I'm starting a blog. I've always enjoyed writing and I think I am at least half-way decent at it, but I'll let you be the judge of that. By writing this blog I hope to improve my writing skills and share whatever parts of my -- wait for it-- Taylored Life might be interesting to you guys.

I hope to share things I have learned, new experiences, and interesting things I stumble across in my everyday life. Most of my posts will be related to stuff that interests me, otherwise I'm pretty sure I would lose interest in the blog before you would! My most common topics will probably be related to cooking, nutrition, fitness, personal finance, and my new life here in Boise, ID. I may throw in a few posts on nerdy, techy things as well to keep you on your toes.

More recently, I have decided to try out a low-carb "lifestyle". This change in my diet has introduced some exciting new recipe ideas. So, for the next few weeks I will be posting some of the new recipes I try my hand at, along with the photographic evidence that I really do know my way around a kitchen. In addition to recipes, I will be posting some tips and tricks I have found useful when trying to lose weight or maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Another common topic I will probably be writing about in the next few months will be my first attempt at starting my own business. I am planning to start programming web and/or iOS Apps on the side and hope to make it profitable. For those that aren't familiar with iOS, it is the operating system used for all mobile Apple devices: iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. Currently, I'm learning the ins and outs of a few coding language through various books and internet sources. So, you can look forward to regular updates on how that venture is going. Unless of course it doesn't interest you, then you can just skip those days and read someone else's blog! :P

I'm going to try and post something daily. So, check in often! But no guarantees... Tomorrow, I'm going to share a little bit more about myself for those that don't know me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment